CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Moe And The $191.00 Burrito's


I do love me a good burrito. I like it with chicken and rice and beans and some good cheese. Life just doesn't come much better than that, my friend! So last week Debbie and I decided to try out a new (to us) place named "Moe's." It's a chain. Don't know if you have one or not but we do.

We went in and ordered two "Joey Bag of Donuts." That is their eclectic name for the burrito described above. We added a bowl of mexican style soup and two cups of water. Moving down the line we approached the cash register where the young man rang up out total. He slid my debit card through and as we looked up we realized that our late lunch was billing our bank account $191 and change. That, for the number impaired, would be one hundred ninety one dollars and change.

Not acceptable. The cashier noticed it about the time that we did. He called for help. No manager was on the property (strike one, Moe) and two teenagers credited our account about $172. He gave us the credit slip and the accurate receipt and we moved along. We moved along right until Debbie checked our bank account today.

We paid $191 for lunch.

She went to Moe's. Again, no manager was on duty. (Strike two, Moe.) They said the manager would be in later and she would call my cell phone to let me know what was going on.

My phone did not ring.

Supper tonight was at Bob Evans (they charged me much less for a real meal) and then we trotted over to Moe's which is just next door. Guess what! No manager was on duty. So they called up the owner. She told them to assure me that she would look into it.

Now do you really think that satisfied me at that point? Uh. No. I took the phone. She asked me how I was doing and I told her "not so hot." We talked about our problem. She assured me she would look into it first thing in the morning. I told her that was all well and good but this WAS A DEBIT CARD AND SHE WAS TYING UP MY CASH. She replied with a highly intelligent "Oh." I did my best to express my dissatisfaction without being ... rude. Or even unpastoral. it was not easy.

So right now I'm going to wait for my phone to ring in the morning. I expect good news. And if I don't get it I just really think I might go all "unpastoral" on her. You see, that would be "strike three, Moe." And strike three would not make me happy.

I think I'm pretty easy to get along with. And it really was a good burrito. But come on, Moe. Right now I'm just expecting Larry and Curly to walk through the door at any minute.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, this is just another reason why I couldn't be a pastor. (There's a list) I just play music. People expect musicians to be somewhat surly and unpredictable.

However, it just would do for you to go all non-pastoral on them. Bad form for a pastor and all. If the need arises, I am willing to take this task on for you!

Anonymous said...

Maybe a hint would help, wacky rambling uncle who is my dealer for massive amounts of vanilla coke. Way to go, feed my addiction, you should be ashamed, providing an unmolded teenager with extensive quantities of vanilla coke and expecting her to go cold turkey until the next shipment can be smuggled in...tsk tsk
:]

Anonymous said...

uhhh...sure....its alicia....
:] cuz who else could it be?

Anonymous said...

my bad...i spelled alisha's name wrong...gosh i'm a crappy niece!

Anonymous said...

can't wait to hear how this concludes...just so annoying that you have to keep coming back this and they won't fix it!

johnsonfamilyof6 said...

This same thing happened to me last week at our local movie rental store (movie gallery.)
I paid $150.00 for 3 movies, it tied up our cash for 3 days, ARH!
As a side note, (I thought you would appreciate this) Matt has some friends who went to Chicago for a visit. They brought a cooler and pulled up to the Portillo's drive through, ordered $269.00 worth of their awesome hotdogs and italian beef. Matt asked if they made them pull up and wait for their food and he said "nop, they had ALL of that food ready to go!"
God Bless Portillo's.