CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 21, 2008

5 Guys Rule!

I was challenged to a "Hamburger Dual" by a great friend of mine, Kristi. Somehow she thinks that the Texas "Wataburger" is better than the east coast's (and Avon, Ohio's) "Five Guys." How silly! She blogged about it yesterday and I hereby accept her silly challenge. What do Texans know about burgers?!

So Kristi ... here's the proof. Game ... set ... BURGER.

This is how your trip to "Five Guys" begins...


Our first stop is the FREE peanuts! (You don't even have to order food! America is such a great country!)


The totally cool counter geek ...


Is forgiven once you meet the ultra competent cooking crew ...


Next we come to "The Brag Board" where people post their (always positive) opinions of The five Guys ...


And you find out THE EXACT TOWN where your french fried potato's were birthed ...


The burger doesn't look as big as a sissy "Wataburger" because my head is bigger than yours ...


And because it's nearly as thick as it is wide ...


Now it is time to eat ...


I could go on but I think you get the point...


This, my friends, is a burger to be reckoned with.

6 comments:

Kristi said...

hey.... i was never trying to say that whataburger is better... just showing it to you.... and since we can't really compare tastes... i'd have to say, we get a point for the styrofoam cups.

Ron said...

See world! She knows when she's been whooped!

By the way, that nasty styrofoam pollutes the atmosphere. No wonder there are no real trees or grass in Texas. Shameful, I tell you!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't styrofoam fall into the evil "category 6" of completely useless, non-recyclable, garbage?

I know people in Texas, Ron. The heat usually gets to them.

(Typed safely in my bunker, far below St. Louis, just in case this kristi (if that is her real name) is mean!)

Unknown said...

HEY RON!!!!
This is Maureen Androsik (one of the owners of Five Guys in Avon), and if you show your big beautiful mug in my store again I will buy your next burger!!! This may be the best, and most acurate blog I have ever seen on the internet. Thanks for the love. We love our customers!!! And honestly, our "counter geek" is pretty cool ;o) See ya soon, Maureen

Melanie Davis said...

Ron,

As a former Texan I have actually tasted the burgers from Whataburger. I've even eaten in the restaurant. (You've been misspelling it man) We have just gotten a Five Guys Burgers here in Murfreesboro. Adam and I are willing to taste those burgers to compare the two. I'll tell you about the experience too. As for the styrofoam cups.. they are terrible. Try driving down the road after a toddler has poked a hole in the styrofoam. You lose the drink and your ever-loving mind. What a waste.

Mel

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ron! Now there's a Five Guys here in the St. Louis area. In fact, it isn't more than a couple of miles from your daughter's church.

Now you don't have to miss your favorite burgers when you are far from "home". :)