CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mouse Wars ... part deux

Several years ago I went through "The Great Laundry Room Wars." I think it was 2002. Mice had staged a well planned attack on my laundry room. Given time and tactics I repelled their aggressive maneuvers and rodent tranquility ruled in my home once again. I thought it was over. And then ...

I thought I would be pro-active on my snake-in-the-house issue. It only seems smart. At the recommendation of a friend I bought some "sticky strips" and placed them in the location where my little slithery friend showed-up. It only made sense that if one snake was there and another snake showed up, perhaps he would go there too. The strips looked like this after I placed them ...


We then left for our daughters house to celebrate Debbie's birthday. (Happy birthday, honey!) When we came home I went downstairs to check my traps. No snakes. That's the good news. The bad news? I found ...


He was just a baby mouse. Poor thing. Because the operative word is ... "was."

At least I now know what the snake was after. Tomorrow I set regular (cheaper!) mouse traps around. No more mice = no more snakes. Failing that ... I'm off to purchase a nice snake killing dog. Breed suggestions are appreciated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw..did you have to kill the mouse that was stuck in the glue? Ugh..I'd rather have the snappy kind and just get it over with. ick!! Oh, they have some nice ones that are all covered up so you don't have to actually SEE what you did. Those were my weapon of choice when I had my own mouse war here a few years ago. At least it wasn't a snake! On another note, Taryn told me she doesn't care what church we go to cause none of them will have you there. Awww..she misses you.

Shannon said...

I have heard rumors of a dog in Arkansas that can grab a snake and with two shakes of his send that snake flying into pieces. I have never met him but his name is Frank.

Shannon said...

It's two shakes of his head. I didn't mean for you to have to guess what he is shaking. Really should proof read, even at midnight.