CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, June 09, 2008

Feeling hot hot HOT...

So it finally got hot in Cleveland. I mean, it had to happen sooner or later. I think this is the first time in my life I've been wearing a jacket into late May. I like it. I received a rather perverse pleasure knowing that many of my friends around the country were already sweltering in the pre-summer heat. I do think I like the climate around these parts. I didn't mind the snow. The cold wasn't all that overwhelming. And the spring has been ... spring like. In the meantime my family and friends in Wisconsin, Chicago, St. Louis, and around the country all seem to have been washing away under floods and huge mega-storms.

Of course there was "The Great Air Conditioner Debacle." There are only about 250 apartments in my building. I would think (knowing what I pay for rent) that they make a fair income here. And yet they have this policy that the air conditioning system is not turned on until the date the average temperature is 70. That was last Wednesday. So they turned it on. Guess what! It didn't work! Guess what else! It was in the mid-nineties! Guess one more time! They didn't get it fixed until after the day I moved my stuff from the old apartment and out of the U-Haul into the new one! Wheeee! I mean, wouldn't ya think that they might just check and make certain the system works sometime around ... oh ... early May? Noooooo. That makes too much sense. I love the people that work in the office here. It's not their fault. But the owners must be a little shy on the brain cell side. You know, the kind that tries to "smoke a ham" but can't keep it lit so they switch to cigars.

Okay, I can't believe I just said that. Chalk it up to the heat.

So anyway, here's a few shots of the new place. Once I canceled Debbie's asthma medication we broke even with what we were paying in the old one room joint. (Calm down. I'm just kidding.)


"Peter" made the trip from our front porch to our new balcony. We purchased him on the Apostle Islands on Lake Superior. He's glad to be back home on the lakes.

The pool view isn't as good ... but that's probably a good thing too.

We'll actually have a tree to turn colors if we are still in the apartment when fall arrives. (Please God ... sell our house!)

Look! A living room!

Look! A living room from another angle!

You can't see the other rooms yet. They need ... um... Debbie's touch.

3 comments:

Earth Muffin said...

Yeah, you're not going to mind the obstructed pool view once people wearing swimsuits a size smaller than they require start hanging out there on a regular basis. Stick to looking at the tree!

Ron said...

My point exactly. (Are you Debbie masquerading as "Earth Muffin?")

Daniel said...

Well it's definitely a lot cleaner since the last time I saw it.