CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Flat

Water is flat.

Okay, that is not always true. Sometimes there are waves. Boats leave a wake. I can only imagine what hurricanes do to the big pond. But basically, in its natural state, water is flat. There is just no denying it. Peter (see yesterday's pictures) and I have been staring at the horizon for an hour and there are no bumps, hills, mountains, or anything else out there. Flat. The sun went down a while back and I can't be 100% sure but there is this freighter out there in the distance that has been making its way slowly from west to east and I have not seen it go up or down one bit. So it must still be ... flat.

It is a study in consistency. And consistency is not something you usually get in life. People change. Addresses change. Your team wins one day and loses the next. The world is in a state of constant flux. Flux can be good. It keeps life interesting. Keeps you on your toes. Consistency can be boring. You always know what you are going to get. There are no surprises.

What is the meaning of it all? I have no idea. I wrote that several hours ago before I got called out on a hospital run in downtown Cleveland to a hospital that I never found. But it's all good because the guy who was in a motorcycle accident (that I was going to see) is going to be alright. But now I can't remember what I was driving at.

Uhhhh.

I love Dasani?

Aquafini makes me smile?

I'll sleep on it and maybe it will come to me in a dream because it was obviously really going to be an awesome blog.

0 comments: