CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sticking With The "S" Towns

Now I know why it is taking Jesus so long to come back for His bride. Not even He could get through security without a hassle.

Cleveland airport. One more time. Flying home to get my bride. She's ready. She's packed. She's quit her job. The car is full of gas. My flight leaves (theoretically) in fifty minutes. Of course, it's snowing in St. Louis. Heavily. I just looked at the jets outside the window and they all have 3 sets of landing gear. I have no idea how long the runway is. But it occurs to me that the jet I leave Cleveland in might just decide to put down in ... oh ... Memphis or some city like that. No way I could luck out and get diverted to San Diego or Seattle. (I'm trying really hard to stick with cities that begin with "S" so as not to presume I could even possibly wind up in ... Joplin. *Shudder*)

I am being the responsible husband. I won't let Debbie drive from St. Louis to Cleveland in my rear wheel drive Mustang without me. God has assigned me the task of being protector and defender. So it's time to take to the air.

No snow. No snow. No snow. No snow ...

San Diego. San Diego. San Diego ...

Choose one of the above and stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, Ron. Just spent a week in SoCal and it rained and was cold the entire week. Of course, I went without my coat. It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Congrats on reuniting with your bride. I miss mine all the time and I have little ones to miss, too. But we'll make it.

Connie S said...

Are you nuts?? Do you not "listen" to the weather reports?? But wait, I already know the answer to those questions....neither snow, nor rain, nor....will keep Ron from Debbie!!!

Miss you two. Put Jan H on your church's prayer list. She battling cancer now. Don't know the extent yet.

Connie S